Bill Jordan Sr. “The Chief” opened his first shop in 1938 on Bleeker Street in Manhattan. Noticing a lack of wholesale lobster distribution in the New York area he then moved to the Fulton Fish market where he imported lobster in wooden barrels from Maine and Canada. As the business grew, large holding facilities were put in place in Brooklyn and soon after Island Park, New York.
His son Bill Jordan Jr. “The Claw” expanded the business to include a Retail Market and Clam Bar. He carries on the tradition in serving the highest quality seafood in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. Sons Steve and Michael operate Jordan Lobster Farms in Island Park.
Jordan’s has been family owned and operated for over 70 years!